Verba International, supported by Euroexam International is delighted to announce a FULL EXAMINATION and TEACHING PROGRAMME for December 2021 and April and May 2022. We hope that you'll be part of it.
* The Euroexam Advanced Methodology in Communicative Teaching Course - starting 27th October at 6pm Moscow time.
The course runs over 6 consecutive weeks, each session being two full hours.
The Advanced Methodology in Communicative Teaching Course
The Advanced Methodology in Communicative Teaching Course is aimed at experienced professionals who are considering taking a higher-level qualification such as the Cambridge DELTA; as such, a
minimum of 2 or 3 years of teaching experience is recommended.
It is designed to be an engaging, varied and interactive experience, with workshops involving discussion, demonstration and reflection. Furthermore, there will be some required reading of short
articles / extracts before the course and between each session. All and any theory will be considered in terms of how it can inform our teaching practice.
Course schedule: 8 weeks from 29 Oct (Fri) / 5pmMoscow time then 6pm Moscow time from Nov.
It is a 12-hour course designed for online delivery and the content includes:
• key theories of language acquisition: the relationship between first and second language acquisition; the most influential traditional theories discussed, as well as the more recent;
• error analysis and teacher feedback: the causes of error and what teachers can and should do about them;
• teaching not testing language skills: what we tend to neglect when it comes to planning and teaching receptive and productive skills lessons;
• the implications of all of the above for designing courses and teaching lessons.